Individual psychotherapy for English – speaking patients
We work with adults, adolescents and children.
Psychotherapy is a helping relationship that makes it possible for you to discover and understand the complexity of your inner life and increase your capacity to hold more experience in awareness. Thanks to this shared exploration of your life, experiences, which seemed to be completely unmanageable and overwhelming, will become a golden opportunity to understand yourself and find new ways of responding.
Psychodynamic therapy is considered to be one of the more long-term therapy types. That is why perhaps it can be less useful for patients seeking fast, solution-focused therapies. Psychodynamic therapy is a gradual process that takes time, however the results can be life changing.
Psychodynamic psychotherapy has wide application.
It can help with:
- disturbances in mood (e.g. depression, extreme mood swings),
- neurosis and anxiety,
- sleep disorders,
- difficulties in love and work relationships (e.g. social shyness, being unable to create close relationships).
It is also useful for:
- eating disorders and negative body image,
- low self – esteem,
- excess anger and impulsivity,
- difficulties in coming to terms with losses
- sexual dysfunction,
- personality disorders,
Therapy sessions are scheduled one or more times a week, depending on your need and ability.
Call to book an appointment.